Alice Drueding & Joe Scorsone
The Jury of the Fifth International Socio-Political Poster Biennale debated at the International Youth Meeting Centre (MDSM) in Oswiecim, Poland, on May 28th 2014. The meeting was chaired by Prof. Werner Schaub, chairman of the Bundesverband Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler (BBK) and chairman and spokesman of the German national committee of the International Association of Art (IAA). Other participants included Prof. Jozef Holard, lecturer of the University of Silesia in Katowice; Peter Grohmann, representing the AnStifter Foundation from Stuttgart; Krzysztof Dydo, founder and co-owner of the prestigious "Poster Gallery" in Krakow; Pawel Warchol, outstanding graphic artist, initiator and curator of the biennale in Oswiecim, Leszek Szuster, Director of the MDSM, and Bozena Grzywa, Project Coordinator representing MDSM.
142 artists from 18 countries (Poland, Russia, Lithuania, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Mexico, China, Italy, Slovakia, Turkey, Germany, Serbia, Argentina, Japan, Ukraine, Greece, Iran and USA) participated in our competition. From 312 posters sent to us by artists, 72 were qualified for the competition exhibition.
During the vacation time, we will prepare a trilingual catalogue of this year's Poster Biennial. The exhibition of the competition is planned to take place on 5th of September 2014.
- 1. Prize: SEBASTIAN KUBICA (Poland) - "Compromise"
- 2. Prize: NICOS TERZIS (Greece) -"Mayday"
- 3. Prize: ALICE DRUEDING and JOE SCORSONE (USA) - "Global hunger"
- AnStifter Foundation Prize: PRZEMYSLAW BUKOWSKI (Poland) - "Face to face"
- Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow Prize: LESZEK ZEBROWSKI (Poland) - "Nie truj"
- Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice Prize: HALINA HOLUBOWA (Ukraine) "Crime scene"
- Rector of the Higher Technical School in Katowice Prize: LUO XI (China) - "Restrictions of Internet"
- MARCELINA RYDELEK (Poland) "Hunger"
- BRYABRIN ILYA (Russia) "WE Differences unite us"
- ZHANG YONG (China) "Women's rights violation"
Posters Qualified for the Competition Exhibition:
- Wojciech Osuchowski (Poland) - "Socjotechnika"
- Linas Spurga Jr. (Lithuania) - "Atlas"
- Linas Spurga Jr. (Lithuania) - "Bombardment"
- Wen-Hsuan Chu (Taiwan) - "A monster in the office"
- Yen-han Chen (Taiwan) - "Peace begins with love""
- Yia-Ying Lin (Taiwan) "Help me"
- Yi-Wen Wang (Taiwan) "How lucky you are"
- Mario Fuentes (Ecuador) "Bones"
- Przemyslaw Bukowski (Poland) "Nie ma dzieci, sa ludzie"
- Katarzyna Okraszewska (Poland) "The face of racism revealed (Black)"
- Vincenzo Fagnani (Italy) "Human right"
- Jie-Yin Ding (Taiwan) - "Child abuse"
- Petr Belak (Czech) "Dirty Job/Money shit"
- Sophia Shih (Taiwan) "Women's rights"
- Piotr Kaczmarek (Poland) "Stop war, make art!"
- Filip Tofil (Poland) "I love you 1"
- Urszula Janowska (Poland) "Piggybank"
- Jacek Tofil (Poland) "Total surufilance becoming reality/Totalna ingwigilacja stala sie rzeczywistoscia"
- Ewa Wlostowska (Poland) "Euro"
- Jozef Radwanski (Poland) "Jan Karski 1914-2014"
- Justyna Rybak (Poland) "Stary jary"
- Luiza Kempinska (Poland) "Wojna"
- Sebastian Kubica (Poland) "Choroby autoimmunologiczne - reumatoidalne zapalenie stawow"
- Ertan Toy (Turkey) " We all have the same beginning"
- Jan Bajtlik (Poland) "F…racism"
- Lex Drewinski (Germany/ Poland) " Free Pussy Riot"
- Lex Drewinski (Germany/ Poland) "I am human"
- Iwona Cichy (Poland) "Animal abuse. It hurts"
- Agnieszka Ziemiszewska (Poland) "Poglady Polityczne/Political views"
- Sha Feng & Feng Mengqi (China) "The Blinds"
- Nikodem Pregowski (Poland) "No war"
- Elzbieta Chojna (Poland) "Zadam Praw Czlowieka - Robot"
- Joanna Wasiak-Bassa (Poland) "Stop wyzyskowi"
- Agnieszka Dajczak (Poland) " Death"
- Sara Podwysocka (Poland) "Bangladesh"
- Malgorzata Cvetinovic (Poland) "Choroba spoleczna"
- Grzegorz Drobny (Poland) "Wolnosc slowa 2"
- Slobodan Stetic (Serbia) "Silence is all around I"
- Mariano Cerrella (Argentina) "Gender equality"
- Ying Chien Wang (Taiwan) " IAD"
- Piotr Czadankiewicz (Poland) " Fides et Ratio"
- Lukasz Krotki (Poland) "Amnesty International"
- Renjie Fang (China) "What do you say"
- Marlena Buczek Smith (USA) "Syria"
- Justyna Smola (Poland) "Made in China"
- Mohammad Jamshidi (Iran) "Peace"
- Mohammad Jamshidi (Iran) " Children are victims of illegal immigration"
- Jacek Doszyn (Poland) "Dung of peace - crimea"
- Erin Wright (USA) " 50 years: Civil Rights Movement"
- Monika Brzegowska (Poland) " Corruption"
- Mingliang Li (China) " Facebook"
- Tomasz Kipka (Poland) "Victory!"
- Eugeniusz Skorwider (Poland) " NIE dla stadionowego rasizmu"
- Lech Mazurek (Poland) " Brothery love 1939-2014"
- Max Skorwider (Poland) "Peace off"
- Hernandez Torralba César Ali (Mexico) "CIA"
- Romero Moisés (Mexico) " SHHHHE"
- Elmer Sosa (Mexico) "Ups!"
- Saberivand Touraj (Iran) "Language of freedom"
- Zbigniew Latala (Poland) "(Z)mowa"
- Mehdi Saeedi (Iran) "Mind Your Play!
- Krystyna Spisak-Madejczyk (Poland/USA) "Holy Mother"