5. International Socio-Political Poster Biennale, Auschwitz, Poland, 2014
Received from Bozena Grzywa
Please see the official web site for more information.
The Fifth International Biennale of Social-Political Poster will be held in the International Youth Meeting Centre in Oswiecim (Poland) in autumn 2014. The Centre resulted from an initiative in 1986 by Action Reconciliation Service for Peace in Berlin and the support from the municipality of Oswiecim. It is a meeting place for young people from all over the world, a place of contemporary art exhibitions, wide-ranging discussions of views and a platform for political debates. The works which will be approved for the exhibition will be put on display as part of the main exhibition in autumn 2014 at the IYMC Oswiecim and at several locations in Poland and abroad. The works of the previous editions were amongst others displayed at the seat of the European Parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg, Katowice, Opole and numerous times in Krakow.
1. Artists, graduates of fine arts academies and students of the last year of arts academies who wish to participate in FIBSPP have to conform to these regulations.
2. Posters with a sticker as well as an application form and a digital copy of the poster must be sent by May 20th, 2014 to the following address: MDSM Oswiecim, 11 Legionow St, 32-600 Oswiecim, Poland with a postscripts: 5. Biennale Plakatu and PRINTED MATTER, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. Should you need any other information or have any other queries contact us at: email@example.com
3. Every author may submit not more than 3 posters which will be delivered in the form of a print-out (offset, serigraphy etc.) with an information sticker at the back and maximum poster size: 100 x 70 centimetres. The following should be attached to the poster: a legibly filled out application form, a CD/DVD with poster reproductions saved in tiff or jpg format. The application form and stickers do not have to be the original, they may be copied or photocopied – a template may be downloaded from www.mdsm.pl
4. If there is something written on the poster in a non-european language, or with letters or symbols which belong neither to the Latin or Cyrillic alphabet (e.g. Chinese, Japanese or Arabic etc.) it is mandatory that you provide a English, German, French or Russian translation within the application form.
5. The parcel should be packed carefully, the organizers do not take responsibility for any damage caused during transport. Postage of the parcel to FIBSPP will be paid by participants. Works which are not qualified for the exhibition should be collected at the International Youth Meeting Centre in Oswiecim by the end of August 2014. Works which are not picked up in time will become property of the IYMC and may be used for other exhibitions.
6. Works qualified for the exhibition become the property of FIBSPP and will be and exhibited in Poland and abroad.
7. Works qualified for the exhibition will be reproduced in the catalogue. Every participant will receive one copy of catalogue free of charge. The catalogue will be trilingual (Polish, German and English).
8. Receiving posters authorises the organisers of the Biennale to reproduce and publish them for promotional and informational purposes related to the exhibition and Biennale promotion without an obligation to pay author’s fee.
9. The grand prize of PLN 5,000, the second prize of PLN 2,000, the third prize of PLN 1,000 and 5 honourable mentions will be given by an international jury chaired by Werner Schaub – chairman of the Bundesverband Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler (BBK) and chairman and spokesman of the German national committee of the International Association of Art (IAA) (Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK) ). Except for awards mentioned in the regulation, funded awards may be given.