Rene Wanner's Poster Page
Questions about the russian avant-garde and graphic design
received from Sergei Serov
The eminent russian curator, teacher, author, graphic designer and organizer of Moscow Golden Bee Graphic Design Biennale, Sergei Serov, is writing a book about the influence of Russian Avant-Garde on graphic design, and would like to hear your view on this subject, in order that it could be published in the book.
Please email him email@example.com your answers to the following questions:
Thank you for your devoted responsiveness and invaluable assistance.
- 1. Do you agree with the fact that the Russian Avant-garde of the 1910-30s became one of the headstones of the world graphic design?
- 2. Who among Russian artists or designers, in your opinion, had the greatest influence on the development of the world graphic design?
- 3. What do you think was the most important and precious thing in this influence?
- 4. Would you say that the Russian Avant-garde had some influence on your own professional development and creative work?
- 5. Who had most significantly impacted you?
- 6. What is the value of the Russian Avant-garde for graphic design today?
- 7. Have you studied the Russian Avant-garde at the institute or college?
- 8. If you are teaching now (and where?), whether you are referring to the Russian Avant-garde in your pedagogy?
- 9. Any other freeform observation of you on the Russian Avant-garde (optionally).
With true respect, love and admiration for your talent,
page created on March 7, 2015 / this section is part of Rene Wanner's Poster Page
Save this on Delicious