"As the Project Director of Taiwan International Student Design Competition, I am pleased to announce that the theme for 2016 is “OPEN”.
Online registration and submission will be open from June 1st to July 25th.
We look forward to receiving entries from your country.
Please kindly promote this competition to the number of students with design majors and teachers.
This year, in order to encourage young design talents, we have raised the amount of awards, as listed below:
1. The total prize money is up to USD 150,000.
2. There will be 15 International Design Associations Special Awards sponsored by Sayling Wen Cultural & Educational Foundation in 2016. Please see the current list of 13 International Design Associations below.
- Brno Biennale Association (BBA)
- Good Design Australia
- Hong Kong Federation of Design Associations
- International Council of Design
- INDEX: Design to Improve Life
- India Design Council
- International Poster Biennial in Mexico
- Japan Institute of Design Promotion
- Korea Ensemble of Contemporary Design
- Macau Designers Association
- Taiwan Design Center
- Thailand Creative & Design Center
- SABS Design Institute
3. The Brand Specified category, will still be held this year. iSee Taiwan Foundation, a Non-Profit Organization, offers extra awards and future cooperation opportunities with the company.
The theme of 2016 Brand Specified category is "New Tableware Era – Taiwan Cuisine Cutlery Design"
Moreover, the finalists in Product Design Category Do Not have to submit work models. The jurors will evaluate the works by the design concepts.
With the professional judging panel and significant prizes, TISDC is definitely a great platform for worldwide students to show their talents.
The competition is free of entry fee and multiple submissions of different works are acceptable.
Categories: Product Design, Visual Design, Digital Animation, Brand Specified
Online Registration and Submission: 2016/6/1-7/25
Qualification: Students who currently enroll at senior high schools or above (age under 30 years-old). Fresh graduates (graduate in June 2016) and new students (enroll school in September, 2016) are also eligible."
Project Director of 2016 Taiwan International Student Design Competition
Chair Professor at Department of Visual Communication Design, Asia University
Taiwan International Student Design Competition Executive
No.500, Liufeng Rd., Wufeng Dist., Taichung City 41354, Taiwan
Tel: +886-4-2331-0066 & 2331-0099 / 2332-3456 #6541 & 6542