DEADLINE: March 15, 2009
Regulationsof the competition of 1. International Young Graphic Biennale
Prima Septembris – Against Hatred
The first edition of the International Young Graphic Biennale Prima Septembris – Against Hatred will take place at 01.09.2009 year in Wroclaw. All the works sent for the competition will by reproduced in A3 formation; duplicated in thousands of copies (120,000 in total). At night of August 31st and September 1st the reproductions will be hung in all quarters of Wroclaw. From all the works, six person international jury will choose fifty graphics, the authors of which will be invited to Wroclaw to the vernissage, which will take place on September the 1st.
The authors will choose the winner from themselves.
The award will be handed to the winner during the two day session, which will be held on September the 2nd-3rd. The meeting place of the artists, lecturers and audience will be in Quarter of Mutual Respect. The honorable guest of the exhibition will be a graphic artist from the country, which will join the project in the next edition and enlarge the group of the participants of the Biennale.
The Biennale exhibition, so called traveling exhibition, will be shown in several cities of Israel, Germany, Poland and Russia within the years 2009-2011. The exhibition will be accompanied by the catalogue.
The participants of the Ist International Young Graphic Biennale Prima Septembris – Against Hatred can be all students of art. Colleges from Israel, Germany, Poland and Russia who will send their works fulfilling the requirements of the regulations concerning: techniques, formats and terms.
All sent works corresponding to the subject and regulations of the Biennale will be reproduced, duplicated and hang in Wroclaw. The Jury will select 50 works out of all, the authors of which will be invited to Wroclaw for the vernissage. The selected artists will choose the winner form themselves. All 50 works will form the Biennale exhibition that will visit the participant countries.
The exhibition will be accompanied by the catalogue.
Works For Competition
1. Works sent for the Ist International Young Graphic Biennale Prima Septembris – Against Hatred must be done in studio graphic techniques (classical artistic techniques), only black and white, dimensions: minimum 300x300 mm – maximum1000x1000 mm. Only original, the first prints are accepted (apart from the author ones) with clear description of the number of copies made from the matrix.
2. Works must relate to the leading idea of the Biennale and to the title of the Ist edition: Against Hatred.
3. Works cannot be previously exhibited or presented on artistic shows (happenings, theatre performances, events, studio shows, etc.).
4. The authors of the works must be art college students at the moment
of work delivery (post stamp decides).
5. Works cannot be framed (glass, frames, passe-partout, etc.). Sticking
on light basis is allowed.
6. One artist can send up to three works.
7. All sent works must be described at the separate chart sticked at their reverse.
The description (in English) must include:
• the title,
• name of the autor,
• used technique,
• date and place of birth of the author,
• name of the author’s art college,
8. All sent works become the part of the collection of the International Young Graphic Biennale Prima Septembris in Wroclaw and therefore are not returned to the authors. By sending works for the competition the author accepts this point of competition Regulations.
All works that do not fulfill the provisions of the Regulations will not take part in the competition.
The author is then responsible for their collection, transportation and costs of the above.
Works can be sent from January 15th, 2008 to March 15th, 2009. The post stamp date decides.
Forum Kultur Biennale
Sw. Marcin 80/82, p. 325
PL 61-809 Poznan
Works will be judged by the six-person international jury that will select 50 works
for the exhibition.
The Jury’s verdict is irrevocable.
Fifty selected artists will choose the winner among themselves at the vernissage.
Grand Prix of Prima Septembris 2009 – the winner will be awarded with the financing of an artistic project of his/her own. The project to be realized and financed must be presented within 7 months since the Biennale’s verdict.
All artists qualified to the exhibition will receive: free copy of the catalogue, the return of traveling and accommodation in Wroclaw costs from August 31st to September 5th, 2009, promotion during the exhibition. The Grand Prix winner is entitled to point his/her place of birth as the last stopover of the exhibition.
Forum of Cultures
The City of Wroclaw
Poland – Wroclaw, Cracow, Lublin, Warsaw, Gdansk, Poznan
Germany – Berlin, Dresden, Munich, Saarbrücken, Cologne, Hamburg, Wiesbaden
Israel – Tel Awiw, Jerusalem, Ramat Gan
Russia – Moscow, Sankt Petersburg