Lahti Poster Biennial 2009, 17. International Poster Biennial to be held in Finland
2008.08.22, news received from Kari Savolainen
Please see the official web site for more information and downloadable application forms.
DEADLINE: November 30, 2008
Grafia, Association of Professional Graphic Designers in Finland
The competition committee for selecting the exhibited works.
Pekka Loiri, graphic designer, chairman
Tapani Aartomaa, graphic designer
Timo Berry, graphic designer
Esa Ojala, graphic designer
Kari Piippo, graphic designer, AGI
14 June – 27 September 2009
Poster Museum/Lahti Art Museum
Vesijärvenkatu 11 A Lahti Finland
A Cultural, social and commercial posters
B Enviromental Posters (Tarasti prize)
WORKS SUBMITTED FOR THE EXHIBITION
All posters must be designed after 1 January 2007.
Minimum size 42 x 60 cm
Maximum size 120 x 180 cm
An artist or a group of artists may submit a maximum of 4 posters or series of posters. A duplicate and transparencies (minimum size 40 x 50 mm) of each poster or in digital form, resolution 300 dpi, size A5 and filetype RGB-TIF. The material shall also be submitted for the archives of Poster Museum. The headings of all posters shall be translated into English.
The exhibition catalogue costs 50 € when ordered in advance and 60 € after June the 14th 2009.
SUBMISSION DATE AND MAILING ADDRESS
The submitted posters shall be mailed no later then 30 November 2008 to:
LAHTI ART MUSEUM
P.O. Box 113, 15111 Lahti, Finland
The exhibited works will be selected by the organizing committee. The prize winning posters shall be selected by an international jury.
THE INTERNATIONAL JURY
Michal Batory, France
Timo Berry, Finland
Vladimir Chaika, Russia
Bruno Monguzzi, Switzerland
David Tartakover, Israel
Prizes will be awarded to posters meeting high requirements with regard to creativity, originality, aesthetic quality and communicative function.
Grand Prix 3 500 €
First prize 3 000 €
Second prize 1 700 €
The Lauri Tarasti prize 3 000 €
Certificates of honour
The jury may also grant other prizes.
1. The print technique of the posters can be freely selected.
2. The participation forms shall be filled carefully in block letters or with a typewriter. The sender must sign the participation form to indicate his/her acceptance of the terms of the contest. The form shall be taped to the upper right-hand corner of the poster.
3. The information given in the form will be used in the catalogue of Lahti Poster Biennial. The organizers are not responsible for information supplied by the sender in the participation form.
4. The organizers are entitled to stage exhibitions of the submitted entries in Finland and elsewhere. The organizers are entitled to reproduce submitted posters for information and publication purposes, for educational purposes and marketing without payment. The organizers are entitled to reproduce submitted works in the exhibition catalogue, in other printed matter and in electronic form and to distribute them to the public via internet or other information networks.
5. The posters and transparencies will not be returned. They will remain in the collections of Poster Museum.
6. The posters must not be framed.
7. The posters shall be packaged carefully. The organizers take no responsibility for damage during transport.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE PACKAGE WITH THE LABEL “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”
8. The participant shall pay all shipping and insurance costs.
9. The participant will be informed of approval for the exhibition. The results will be made public and the prizes and awards will be distributed at the opening on 13 June 2009 at 2 p.m.
Further information is available from Poster Museum/Lahti Art Museum,
P.O. box 113, 15111 Lahti, Finland
Telefax + 358-3-814 4545
Kari Savolainen +358-3-814 4546, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Maija-Riitta Kallio +358-3-814 4542, e-mail email@example.com