Taiwan International Poster Design Award 2006
Please see the original web site www.cdip.org.tw/competition for more details and downloadable application forms.
Deadline: August 31, 2006
The Taiwan International Poster Design Award 2006 is being organised by Icograda member, the China Productivity Center, for the purpose of enhancing Taiwan's commercial design talent and providing opportunities for interchange with international designers. The goal is to boost the visibility of Taiwan's design talents and place them in an international context. The award scheme is being jointly presented by The Graphic Design Association of the Republic of China, Taiwan Graphic Design Association, Taiwan Poster Design Association, Kaohsiung Creators Association. Each of these associations are members of Icograda.
The competition is open to designers from all regions and countries.
- Entered works must have been created after 1 Jan 2004 (there is no date restriction for special theme works); no limit on quantity.
- Work submitted should meet specifications. Participants are asked to read the judging rules carefully and abide by all requirements of the judging rules and bylaws.
- Two copies of each poster should be submitted (not mounted or framed); submitted works will not be returned, please keep files of your work.
- Participation in the compeition is free of charge; there is no fee for inclusion of works in the winner's exhibition and the contest publication (funding is provided by the CPC).
- All work submitted must have an entry label written in English for the convenience of international members of the judging committee. Participants must fill out a statement declaring that their works do not infringe upon other parties' intellectual property rights.
- The CPC has the right to use the submitted works in any kind of publicity, touring exhibition, publication, or commissioned publication, etc. without any additional payment; this use shall not interfere with other commercial uses and applications, however.
- Work by the judging committee members and their companies should not be entered in this competition.
- If any of the following circumstances involving selected works are discovered, the work will be disqualified and the participant must bear all legal liability:
1. The work must have been completed after 1 Jan 2004 (no date restriction for special theme works).
2. The work plagiarizes another person's work.
A. Special theme: " Sport, Sunshine, and Health"
B. Open category (commercial and promotional)
Creativity, integrity of composition and technical rigor
Works will be accepted from 1 June 2006 until 31 Aug 2006
Participants are reminded that the cut-off date is based on the date and time in Taiwan; works received after the cut-off date will not be accepted. Please take international time differences into consideration when mailing works.
- The executive committee will review applicants' qualifications and data before their works are accepted in the competition.
- The judging committee consists of prominent domestic and foreign designers. The judging committee shall select winners of the following awards based on the judging standards.
Members of the judging panel are subject to change without prior notice. The panel s decisions are final and may not be overturned in a court of law. Selected entrants will be notified within one week from the day awards are announced.
- Grand Prize (1 person): US$10,000
- Icograda Excellence Award (1 person): US$5,000
- Jagda Excellence Award (1 person): US$5,000
- Special topic and open category (two types):
Gold medal (1 person each): US$3,000
Silver medal (1 person each): US$2,000
Bronze medal (1 person each): US$1,000
- Judges' special award (each judge may select one person): medal or certificate.
Awards are granted in accordance with the regulations of the host country; taxes shall be withheld in accordance with ROC tax law 20 % for foreigner, 15% for ROC local people
25 September 2006 (provisional)
For further information please contact:
Mr. Ming-chin Lue, Ms Ling-ling Fan
China Productivity Center
2nd Fl., No. 79, Sec. 1, Hsin-Tai-Wu Road,
Hsichih, Taipei Hsien 221, Taiwan, R.O.C.
T: +886-2- 2698-2989 #2111, 1303
F: +886-2- 2698-9335, 2698-9532